University of Canterbury – New Zealand
The University of Canterbury (UC) offers excellent study, cultural, sporting and travelling experiences as part of a Teacher Education, Study Abroad, Undergraduate and Graduate study for Canadian and International students.
As a former Senior Lecturer at the Christchurch College of Education in Christchurch (CCE – now the College of Education, University of Canterbury) Mike Johnson has a great deal of background and knowledge of the program at UC. Studying in New Zealand allows students to live in a prime location while participating in an excellent program that prepares them to teach while living in a very student friendly and enjoyable lifestyle.
The following Universities in New Zealand are represented and promoted by CANTEACH:
University of Canterbury – College of Education; Primary & Secondary – Christchurch (February start; 1 year program)
$3,100 Scholarship available for all CANTEACH students at UC.
All of my students who inquire about Teachers College in Australia or New Zealand are attending the University of Canterbury. This is for a few reason:
- UC has an excellent program.
- UC has a 1 year program for both Primary and Secondary (Australia has gone to a 2 year program for both).
- UC has great support for my students from UC and myself as I live in Christchurch
- I pick you up at the airport when you arrive
- I help you sent up short term or permanent accommodation at UC before you depart Canada
- I help you get a bank account when you arrive
- I have an office hours on campus if needed (social media seems to lessen the need for that) as I am contactable 24/7 via cell/mobile, email, facebok and messenger when you are applying and attending.
- UC attends my CANTEACH University visits to Canada/ON twice per year in March and October. UC is the only New Zealand University that supports CANTEACH and CANTEACH students coming to Canada each and every year to meet CANTEACH students, parents and the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) since 2001 (my first visit to Canada for this purpose).
- Likely the most important is that UC has a CANTEACH Scholarship of $3,100 NZD Scholarship for 2018 for every CANTEACH student that attends UC. This is a marketing Scholarship to be more competitive for students to attend UC in NZD over other NZD options and elsewhere abroad.
University of Canterbury: Christchurch: Primary and Secondary – February starts
- CANTEACH Application Form – UC CE Applications Instructions
- University of Canterbury Application Form
- Two (2) copies of the eReferee report can be filled out electronically – (Referees need to tick the Graduate Diploma Teaching and Learning Primary or Secondary as your program)
- Original Police Check
- Original Transcripts
- Photocopy of your Passport
- Additional reference letters (copies only) (optional)
- Personal Statement
All material can be scanned into Mike Johnson on email to speed up your acceptance.